A key to long-term corporate success is to continuously adjust the product and service offering to the changing market’s and customers’ requirements. The necessary investments need to be in line with the expected return associated with the respective change in the portfolio of products and services.
Often, drastic change is necessary to master a critical situation. Such change / action is derived from an in-depth analysis of the underlying value chain. Such a holistic approach consists of:
- an analysis of both, market and competition
- understanding the process of value generation (value chain)
- identifying profitable or loss generating product- and customer segments
- defining, evaluating and implementing appropriate action using P&L and Cash Planning
- communicating with stakeholders (owners, banks, employees, suppliers and customers)
To successfully accomplish such change it is mandatory to involve and motivate all stakeholders.